Monday, January 25, 2010

I tried not too...

I didn't want to do it. I promise I tried my best not too, but I can't hold it back anymore...WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE SPRING! Geez! As I sit in my office this morning, during a blizzard warning mind you, I wonder how we're getting the kids home from school? We are the only school in Pott county I think in session. Someone in charge of that has some explaining to do.

Okay that's out of my system. I honestly don't have much on the mind today..save the jokes. I have a great idea for the Musings in our monthly newsletter The Cornerstone and I don't want to just repeat it here.

I suppose I could vent a little about the Vikings loss last night. Not only was it a loss, but it was a heart wrenching loss too. To be so close and then have it ripped away hurts a little. I do enjoy sports, but I don't get so involved that it ruins my day or even night. I slept good and Alex has begun to sleep through the night more and more so that makes me happy. Sports for me is a nice distraction, but I can't get too involved because other aspects of life are much more important and deserve my energy. And I have to relay that too my kids too. Quick story..

Last night we told Isaac that the Saints were ahead and he started getting all sad and began to cry. He was genuinely upset that the Vikes were losing. After I controlled my laughter because it was cute, we had a heart to heart talk. I did my best to explain to a 3 year old that we like the Vikings but it's just a game. Watching and cheering for them is fun, but it doesn't have a bearing on our lives. Not sure he understood, but when the Vikes eventually lost he wasn't so despondent. Not sure if we made any headway with him but it was a wonderful reminder to me that sports are just a nice distraction. I wanted to be angry and throw things, but I saw my 3 year old there and was immediately reminded that true happiness comes from family, faith and friends. I'll continue cheering for the MN sports teams. I'll continue being disappointed in their losses. I'll also continue to remember that there are better things in life. So, until next year GO VIKES AND GO TWINS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment