Monday, September 28, 2009

One Great Weekend!

I have to admit I'm having a brain cramp. Save the jokes...I know it's a small cramp! I can't think of anything inspiring to write this morning...Again I know when have I ever come up with anything inspiring. I'll keep setting you guys up and you can keep knocking them out of the park. I did have an awesome weekend though. My dad, Isaac and I went to Kansas City Friday night and attended at KC Royals vs. MN Twins game. We stayed over night and then had some Jack Stack's BBQ for lunch on Saturday. How cool was it to take Isaac to his first MLB baseball game. He was amazed at the stadium for awhile. Then he was concerned with what he was going eat. Then he wanted them to hit him a ball. We had great seats just off home plate towards the first base side. A foul ball did land about 10 feet from us so that satisfied him for awhile. Isaac did good. We left after the 5th inning because we had been there about 3 hours already and there was a threat of rain.

As the boys grow up I can't wait to experience a whole bunch of firsts with them, and it was extra special to be able to have my dad there too. I've already caught myself a couple times when Isaac and I are doing something thinking about when my dad and I did that too. I'm hoping Isaac, and eventually Alex I'm not forgetting him, will have as good a childhood as I did. Alex's main concern now is when is his next meal and how tough is the next poop so he isn't too concerned about hanging out yet.

I've heard it a million times, and I'm sure all of us have, but kids do grow up fast. Heck, we all grow up fast. Life continues to move faster and faster and if we don't slow down and look around once in awhile we're going to miss something. Is there a Ferris Bueller quote in there? If we have kids or not. Life is meant to be enjoyed. Of course there is work to be done, but we can't be so concerned with work or ourselves that we forget to experience life with friends and family. I'm glad that I can be around my family so much. I'm also grateful that our extended family is close even though they live a ways away. I have to remind myself sometimes how good I truly have it, and make sure that the boys get a chance at a great childhood too. Yes, Yes Tracy is involved in this too, probably more than me, but this is my blog dang it!

I ask you: Are you stopping to smell the roses? Or are you moving so fast, involved in so much stuff, and missing life? You only get one chance to experience a lot of stuff...don't be so busy that you miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment