Monday, October 29, 2012

A shout out..!

We made the quick trip to MN this weekend so Tracy could cross an item off her bucket list.  She ran a half marathon.  13.1 miles!  It was cold, but it was awesome.  I could not have been more proud of her.  I think of the beginning of her journey when she started the program to get herself in shape to run that far.  I think of the dedication that she put in, and the many times she'd come home and say man I didn't want to run that far today.  I was impressed by her dedication let me tell ya. Well, she put the effort in and it all paid off.  Way to go Tracy!!!
I don't have a lot of inspiration this morning.  Watching Tracy run 13.1 miles was inspiring, but it didn't make me want to run that far.  I once ran 4 miles with her and that was plenty far let me tell ya.  I did take a lesson from this though...maybe a couple...1) Tracy looked better after running 13.1 miles then I do on my best day, 2) don't make her mad because she can out run me, and 3) when we make something a priority in our lives we carve out the time to do it.
I've spent more then a few blogs talking about our need to talk to God, pray, do devotions, and attend worship services.  I talk about those things because I struggle at times with my relationship with God and I need reminding of it's importance.  I also talk about these things because I think they are vital for our lives.  When we place importance on something we find time to do it.  If watching football on Sunday is important to us we'll plan the weekend around it.  If going out with family and friends is important we'll plan our week so we can have that night free.  If volunteering for our community is important we'll find time to work it into our schedule.  If training for a half marathon is important we'll find time to do it.  What I'm trying to get at is we are all busy, but we will find the time for important things in our lives.  I guess the question we need to ask ourselves is: "Is my relationship with God important?"  If it is then we'll find ways to include the Spirit in our lives...if it isn't then we will always be too busy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment